Premium Silk Fabric - Red Silk with Flowers - 100% PURE MULBERRY SILK fabric by the yard - Floral Silk - Luxury Silk - Natural silk - Handmade in VietNam
- Regular price
- $16.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $16.99 USD
- Unit price
- 100% Handmade
- Ships from Villagesilk in Vietnam
- Materials: 100% Pure Mulberry Silk
- Width: 90 centimeters
- Cut to size: yes
- Note: The quantity you choose will be the number of yards of silk you receive.
For example, if you want to buy 3 yards, please choose 1-yard size, then choose quantity 3. You will receive a piece of fabric 3 yard
- This silk is woven from 100% pure silk, Hand-woven, and hand-dyed. It's 100% handmade.
It's so light, so soft, you'll feel like you're wearing nothing.
This silk is hand-woven from double silk threads. The artisans have spun many silk threads into a bigger silk thread before weaving them, so they are stronger but still very soft. That is also the reason the price of this silk fabric is higher than other types of silk, they have twice the amount of silk and are 100% pure.
This is definitely the highest quality silk you ever see.
You can use this silk to make clothes, pajamas, blankets, pillowcases, masks,...
Please choose the number of yards you want, silk will be cut into one piece.
This silk comes from a small village in Vietnam. A traditional village named Nha Xa silk. The villagers have made great effort to preserve their traditional craft after over 600 years. Nha Xa's silk is known for quality, color, and beauty better than others. Let's try to find what's made the differences :D
* Because our silk is hand-woven, a small error is inevitable, if you really love 100% handmade silk, be happy to skip it if you can, we appreciate your understanding.
* Because our silk is dyed by hand, the color of each dye cannot be exactly the same, sometimes a little darker, sometimes a little lighter, but the quality is always the same. That is the special point of 100% handmade silk.
* The size of our traditional loom is 90cm wide, so the silk width will be about 86-88cm.
We know you want larger size silk, but it is our priority to preserve the traditional looms that are more than 600 years old in my village, so we decided to keep the old looms, despite our handmade silk width being a little smaller than other industrial silks.
*Why Mulberry Silk is Different from Other Kinds of Silk ? What makes Mulberry silk so expensive?
- Mulberry Silk is 100% Natural, Odorless and Hypoallergenic. Mulberry silk contains a natural protein that reduces the possibility of an allergic reaction
In our shop, 100% of produces are made from Pure Mulberry Silk
- Mulberry silk is the highest quality silk and also the most expensive types of silk you can purchase.
Mulberry silk is the delicate string like substance that comes from small insects called silk worms.They eat mulberry leaves in their whole life and the body of a fully grown silkworm is filled with silk. The liquid silk is created from digested mulberry leaves and is made up of proteins.A silkworm will spin its cocoon until all the liquid silk in its body is used up to protect themselves The result will be a cocoon made of a single silk thread measuring up to 900 meters in length.
To make a good silk fabric weighing about 0.5kg, it takes from 2000 to 3000 cocoons, to produce a thin silk scarf requires 600 cocoons.
That is why mulberry silk is still considered a luxury item
100% Mulberry silk is hypoallergenic and temperature regulating. Moreover, as it’s a protein, it will naturally fend off any sort of allergy microbe . However, to keep it at this standard, it’s important that you’re fully aware of how to care for such a special material. Regular upkeep will increase its longevity, meaning that you’ll be able to enjoy its many benefits for years to come.
- Wash by hand in the cold water to keep silk the best. Don't wash with bleach. A little shampoo is enough to clean them.
- Dry in the shape.
- Iron at low temperature or setting silk.
Village Silk - from silk in the village to the whole world
Welcome to our store.
Our products come from a small village in Vietnam. A traditional village named Nha Xa silk. The villagers have made a great effort to preserve their traditional craft after over 600 years. Nha Xa's silk is known for quality, colour and beauty better than others.
I am Huong. I live with my family in Nha Xa village and we make silk day by day. My father is a craftsman who has more than 40 years of experience. He creates beautiful silk with love and a strong passion. I open this store with the desire to preserve traditional textiles as well as introducing Vietnam’s silk to the world.
In our shop, 100% of products are made from Mulberry Silk and the whole process is hand-made.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Whats app: +84 978058697
Have a nice day!